WHY WE LOVE YOU
At IKEA, you’re welcome no matter where you come from, what you believe, and what you look like. We don’t even care how you have furnished your home. We’re interested in you simply because you’re you. Our different views, backgrounds, and personalities make us better understand our customers, give us more fun at work and spark more and better ideas. Perhaps your unique take on something could lead to a great idea that creates a better every... Visa mer
WHY WE LOVE YOU
At IKEA, you’re welcome no matter where you come from, what you believe, and what you look like. We don’t even care how you have furnished your home. We’re interested in you simply because you’re you. Our different views, backgrounds, and personalities make us better understand our customers, give us more fun at work and spark more and better ideas. Perhaps your unique take on something could lead to a great idea that creates a better everyday life for the many people!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN IKEA?
Here at IKEA, we are looking to hire passionate engineers, excited about technology and innovative ways of working to shape the future of IKEA. In People Planning you will be part of a mature team that operate and continuously develop in our flagship solution used in 17 countries. At the same time, a rollout project is ongoing to phase in a new solution; this requires the team to develop country specific APIs to our library in order to fulfill our decoupled architecture, thus we safeguard the standard and parameterization for the new landscape.
You have a passion for technology, you welcome change and you love to learn. As a person you are innovative and work towards putting modern architecture and requirements into place. It suits you to work cross functionally both independently and interdependently, with the support of a vast software engineering network and agile methods.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
Formal qualifications in computer science, software engineering, or any engineering equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience as software engineer with similar level of experience in the specific tech stack for the area
• Demonstrable experience with cloud computing environments
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Preferred: Knowledge of IKEA Brand, culture, values and way of working
. You should feel comfortable working with a variety of technologies. Experience with cloud-native app development on GCP – you have a good understanding of cloud storage, databases, serverless and you understand how to use cloud-native in production.
Our tech stack consists of (but not limited to):
• Our mindset for design and process includes ETL, API 1st mindset, REST API design and event based architecture.
• Onprem and Cloud, primarily based on Google Cloud Platform as well as OpenShift and Azure.
• Services such as Cloud Functions
• /NoSql stores, Dataflow and PubSub are used to create data hubs that will promote data democratization across Ingka.
• Among others, Postgres is used as database.
• For front end we use ReactJS among others for homegrown solutions and on top applications for bought solutions such as Dell Boomi.
• We use Terraform and Cloud Build to create fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
• Work is planned, tracked and documented using primarily Jira/Confluence and our code is versioned in GIT.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will Lead the transformation of modernising the digital landscape by designing, developing and delivering high-quality software and engineering in order to support consumers across Ingka and Inter-IKEA Systems to be more efficient and reach the many people. Lead and coach engineers, and promote modern software engineering principles, proper tools and increase of automation to enable the specified business outcomes and create a strong software ecosystem for IKEAs digital products and business.
You will be:
• Responsible for developing, running, monitoring and supporting software for the assigned Product or Service using the right toolsets required and applying Ingka Software Security Directives, in order to deliver according to requirements and compliance
• Synchronise software design and architecture by aligning with stakeholders in order to ensure expected outcomes
• Lead and promote good software engineering practices within an agile/iterative development approach in order to improve time to market and fulfill business needs
• Onboard, coach and mentor engineers in order to secure transfer of competence and a high performing team
• Design and educate other engineers in ways of working, encouraging good practices to meet consumer expectations on Product or Service delivery
• Take responsibility for cooperation and alignment with key stakeholders within Ingka and Inter-IKEA Systems with interdependencies towards Group Digital to develop Product/Service design and technical roadmaps
• Lead and coach in change activities in different environments in order to secure functionality and availability
• Identify, continuously explore and evaluate new technologies and benchmark against industry standards, in order to boost innovation and productivity for optimisation/modifications to the current design
• Produce all required design specifications and ensure that Products or Services are aligned, by leading team members and working closely together cross-functions to ensure end-to-end business delivery
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET’S CONNECT!
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified”. If this is part of the reason you hesitate to apply, we like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think. We look forward to receiving your application.
From: “Why Women Don’t Apply for Jobs Unless They’re 100% Qualified” by Tara Sophia Mohr, August 2014”
If you have any question regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact hiring manager:
PernillaHjersing [email protected]
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with [email protected]
For this role we have several open positions. The position is placed in in Helsingborg although most work will be remote given the current situation.
Welcome with your application! Visa mindre